Monday, April 27, 2009

GULP! + Jig = Fish

I must tell you, I have never been great at math but this formula works for me. I have seen this system work on a ton of species. My cousin Danny and I have used this combination with great success on brown trout especially. When we fish the Wind River we make sure we have a good stock of jigs and a package of 3" GULP! minnows. Throughout this article are just a few of the fish caught on this system.

I don't know exactly what it is that Berkley uses to make their GULP! products so irresistible to fish but I also don't care because it works! My only knock on GULP! is that it tends to be on the pricey end of the fishing spectrum. I like to have products that work well and that don't break my bank account. If you have not tried this bait, then you are missing out. Most of the fish I have caught this year have been on this system. All it takes is using the system and putting the bait in front of the fish.

Recently I used this system with my cousin Danny Kurttila to catch splake and cutthroat trout out of Sunshine Reservoir in Meeteetse Wyoming. In fact, it was the only system that produced fish consistently and we tried a lot of other lures/baits. The key is to cast the jig out, count it down to a given depth where the fish are holding, and slowly work it back with a jigging motion. This gives the lure the look of a swimming bait fish and is killer with the GULP! scent. Honestly, I think it is the best soft bait to hit the market. This stuff flat out catches fish. If you are a serious angler, you need this system to help you put more fish in the net.

Most people are going to read this and say, "who paid this guy to say all these good things." The truth is that I have not been paid to give this review. I just have used the stuff enough to see it work. My dad used it with great success last summer on Glendo Reservoir for walleye and my cousin Danny has been catching tons of browns like the one pictured above on the system. All kidding aside, I would not endorse it if I didn't know first hand that it helps anglers catch more fish.

I guess if you don't believe me, go out and try it for yourself. I bet you will become a believer in a hurry! Be safe out there and good fishing everyone!

Here is some video proof of the system in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment