Friday, May 8, 2009

Walleye Season Begins for Wyoming Anglers

If any of you have been fishing for walleye on Boysen Reservoir since last September, you would agree that the fishing has been rather tough. During ice fishing, the walleye bite was all but nonexistant. Well, there is hope my friends. May is a month that gets my blood pumping with anicipation for the upcoming walleye extravaganza. I can just about bet that the walleye bite will be good all over Wyoming from early May to late June.

I finally caught my first two walleye of 2009 last night. Yesterday was the day before the full moon and I guessed that the walleye might be active. I started fishing for them with my cousin Danny at 8:00 pm and I had my first fish by 8:10. I actually had a strike on my first cast but never hooked up. I think I actually started fishing too late in the evening because the bite turned off fairly quickly. I caught one more fish at 8:45 and had multiple follows after that.

If you are a Wyoming angler and you haven't caught your first walleye yet, just be patient and get out there. I caught both of mine on a number 8 Rapala X-RAP. Give it a shot.

Be safe out there and good fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment